Photos courtesy DFS Galleria and Dior Taiwan’s Ivan Chiu is one of the International Dior Pro Team artists in town to conduct makeup demonstrations through Sunday at DFS Galleria in Waikiki.
International Dior Pro Team artists Galvin Lin from China and Ivan Chiu from Taiwan are conducting makeup demonstrations from 7 to 10 p.m. daily, today through Jan. 8 at DFS Galleria Waikiki.
Lin, popular among Chinese celebrities, is often featured in fashion magazines such as Vogue, Bazaar and Elle. Chiu is a former photographer who is famed for his ability to find each individual’s beauty and play it up. Both are involved in international runway shows.
While here, they will launch a new patterned eye shadow inspired by the Dior Anselm Reyle Collection, exclusive in Hawaii to DFS Beauty World, 330 Royal Hawaiian Ave.
Dior collaborated with German artist Anselm Reyle to create the limited edition Anselm Reyle for Dior Eyeshadow Palette ($110) featuring a camouflage pattern in shades of silver, gray, charcoal and violet.
China’s Galvin Lin works on a model at a Fashion’s Night Out event.
When summer comes, I always think of lightening up on makeup, though it’s been so hot since last fall, that I’ve been trying to go lighter all along. Makeup just seems to melt away so I almost figure, why bother? It’s gotten to the point where I’m not using any foundation at all, just tinted moisturizer.
In the June 9 paper is my story about a summer make-under on an older woman, because young women don’t need any help looking radiant!
Here are some of my favorite things for the greatest of ease, without looking like I’ve completely given up:
1. Osmotics Age Prevention Protection Extreme SPF 40 UVA/UVB moisturizer.
2. BeneFit mango-inspired Cha Cha Tint lip and cheek stain ($29). Just don’t let it sit too long before rubbing it in because it really stains.
3. BeneFit The Porefessional pro balm for minimizing pores ($28).
4. C.O. Bigelow “Ginger Mint” Mentha Lip Tint with ginger and mint oils for flavor and touch of gold shimmer, $7.50 at Bath and Body Works.
5. Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips Custom Eye Enhancing Gel Cream Liner: The economy being what it is, I’ve been experimenting with more drugstore brands. Some things you can’t get away with spending less. I find with eyeshadows you get better texture and more pigment with pricier brands, and in lipsticks you get better texture and more moisturizing formulas at the higher end, but sometimes you can get away with spending less, like on these eyeliner trios in stackable pots are about $10.95. You can shop by eye color: Brown, hazel, blue or green. I use the trio for brown eyes (black, brown and violet), pictured, but I think the green eye combination of green, blue and black would also work on those with brown eyes and dark hair.