Another award for Umlauft

June 7th, 2011

Via UH

Hawaii men’s volleyball opposite hitter Jonas Umlauft became just the third player in program history to be named to the CapitalOne CoSIDA Academic All-America team in the Men’s At-Large category. Umlauft was selected to the 15-member second team.

An engineering major who carries a 3.93 cumulative grade point average, Umlauft led the nation in kills for the second consecutive year (5.57 per set) while being named first-team AVCA All-America and first-team all-Mountain Pacific Sports Federation. In addition, he was selected to the MPSF all-academic team and CoSIDA Academic All-District VIII first team.

Umlauft is the third player in the program’s history to be named Academic All-America joining Dejan Miladinovic (2002 – first team) and Costas Theocharidis (2002 – second team & 2003 – first team).

The Men’s At-large category includes the sports of fencing, golf, gymnastics, hockey, lacrosse, rifle, skiing, swimming, tennis, volleyball, water polo, and wrestling.

Earlier this year, Kealoha Pilares, a member of the Warrior football team, earned CoSIDA Academic All-America first team honors. In all, UH student-athletes have earned 22 CoSIDA Academic All-America certificates since 1970.

Comments
  • Hapa June 7, 2011 at 5:10 pm

You da man, bull!!!

• I'm a dufus! June 8, 2011 at 1:42 am

Those are just a few of my many posting names.

Can someone help me think of more? I love talking to myself and agreeing with myself. It makes me and all my split-personalities feel validated.

• Correct, you'd B 'I'm a dufus!' June 8, 2011 at 5:07 am

Prettygood…Po’okela/ainokea/FYI/FYI.***/fan/???/!!!/I’m a dufus!/yadda, yadda, yadda.

TRY thinking outside of (your) the tiny box. Conversation with any other–including myself–is better than doing so with some people, “I don’t discriminate unlike some people DO”.
    ;-)

• Correct, you'd B 'I'm a dufus!' June 8, 2011 at 1:43 pm

Yes, I don’t discriminate against all my other posting names (ingoodstanding/ Hi_Life808/ Hapa/ Halfhaole/ fan2/ Pochonese/ Robyn 4 de ^grde/ 4 Robyn/ Needs Answers/ Dat Be ‘Where Dat’ plus 100′s more!!!).

I love them all equally. We all love to talk amongst each other because we are the only who understand us.

It’s more fun for me to use all these other names each time I post because just posting under one name is not thinking outsise the box. Plus, no one else will talk with us.

• misnomer June 8, 2011 at 5:46 pm

“Po’okela”
    …in there lies the irony. ;-)
    ___
    Yeah, we’re all included:
    ingoodstanding/ Hi_Life808/ Hapa/ Halfhaole/ fan2/ Pochonese/ Robyn 4 de ^grde/ 4 Robyn/ Needs Answers/ Dat Be ‘Where Dat’/ Po’okela /ainokea/FYI/FYI.***/fan/???/!!!/I’m a dufus!
    Sooo much of us because “we are the only one’s who understand us” & “no one else will talk with us” & MOST IMPORTANTLY, the dufus! is one who no longer has very much to–pompously–brag about, in UH WVB (acutely)…can’t blame dufus! for being a little frustrated…dufus! has been about that ‘way’ for as long as dufus! has been doing anything (on VT).

• po'okela June 11, 2011 at 5:35 pm

leave me out of this.
    i’ve been traveling for work and haven’t been to this site in weeks.