Any guesses as where Hawaii will end up?

November 30th, 2008

doubt if it will be Honolulu.

Comments
  • HIFan November 30, 2008 at 4:59 pm

there’s a men’s basketball game on espnu, will the volleyball selection still be shown?

• frings November 30, 2008 at 5:29 pm

It won’t be here…as usual in every sport, we’re second class citizens to the mainland.

• Lei November 30, 2008 at 5:41 pm

Just saw on the Advertiser site that we are playing in LA against Belmont. NCAA is crazy not to let us host. Revenues here will more than pay for the tournament…they may even make a profit..esp. if we give them revenue from the snack bars.

• frings November 30, 2008 at 5:50 pm

Belmont at USC…what a joke. Where the hell did USC end up this year in the Pac 10 or in the Top 25?

• frings November 30, 2008 at 5:51 pm

The NCAA continues to cater to the big name, big conference schools. President Obama needs to go after this unholy alliance.

• Don November 30, 2008 at 5:54 pm

Hawaii will play Belmont of Nashville, Tenn (25-7), The Atlantic Sun Champion, in Los Angeles, CA. USC is playing San Diego in the other 1st round.

I’m guessing the matches will be at the Galen Center…

• hali'i November 30, 2008 at 6:04 pm

My guess: West coast with USC and one team each from conference USA and west coast conference. Although I would wish it be teams from big ten or big 12.

• Bobby November 30, 2008 at 6:41 pm

USC – even though they finished the year 16-11, ended up in the last poll at 11. San Diego is currently ranked 16. That’s nuts!

USC and San Diego played earlier this year – USC swept them 26-24, 25-17, 25-17.

Hopefully they’ll tire each other out in the first round!

• Bobby November 30, 2008 at 6:44 pm

What about the possible rematch with Middle Tennessee State in the round of 16?

• Cindy Luis November 30, 2008 at 7:24 pm

Think it will be Purdue if Hawaii makes it to Colorado State

And Lei … I posted on the Star-Bulletin web site 30 minutes before the ‘Tiser did. Show some love. ;-)

• lei November 30, 2008 at 7:27 pm

Ooops. I do love you, Cindy. I don’t know what happened. I always come here first cause you are so good about keeping us posted with the Volleyball news…went to advertiser and saw it…and then came back here. Maybe it’s my computer. I’m sorry….