Congrats to Danielson; Hawaii up to No. 4

August 31st, 2009

Kanani Danielson, who led the Wahine to the Chevron Invitational title, was named the WAC’s player of the week today.The Wahine (3-0) also moved up to No. 4 in the AVCA poll. Penn State remains No. 1, followed by Texas and Washington.

Comments
  • CONCERNED August 31, 2009 at 11:47 am

how’s kanani’s ankle? any word?

• Cindy Luis August 31, 2009 at 1:49 pm

no word. but the best they’ll tell me is whether she’s cleared to play. won’t know until tomorow when she’s at practice or not

• Warrior Dave August 31, 2009 at 3:36 pm

I’m not a big fan of Coach Shoji but I did buy tickets for Sunday’s game based on the potential of the team this year. That was the best investment I made all year! I’m so jacked that I went down and got tickets for the Texas game today.
    I’m so glad to see the team more “balanced” than in previous years. IMHO we got to get more production from the Middles. Ferrell showed flashes to compliment Kanani and Aneli’s improved play this year.
    Let me be the first to say that this team could be very special…Special like Final 4! The key is improvement over the course of the season and staying healthy. I never heard the SS so quiet when Kanani went down with her ankle injury.

• John August 31, 2009 at 9:05 pm

Surprised we moved up that much to #4. Sweet!!! Btw, I hope Kanani is doing well. We`ll definitely need her healthy. I think she just might be the glue for this team.

• John August 31, 2009 at 10:07 pm

Hey Cindy. I noticed the rankings and it says we`re 4-0. Did I miss a game or is that an error? Thanks.

• John August 31, 2009 at 10:09 pm

Also, I noticed Notre Dame beat Stanford and swept them. Which is not an easy task to say the least. Shouldn`t they have cracked the top 25?

• Cindy Luis August 31, 2009 at 10:18 pm

you didn’t miss a game, the AVCA messed up, they have ucla 2-2, hawaii 4-0. my guess is because of the time difference it got counted twice. I did email them about the mistake.

• John August 31, 2009 at 10:22 pm

OK, thanks Cindy.

• CONCERNED September 1, 2009 at 9:24 am

please keep us updated on kanani. she’s a fighter… a trooper… we’ll be praying that she’s doing well.

• amy September 1, 2009 at 10:10 am

i heard that kanani is doing okay and she is ready to play on thursday

• Cindy Luis September 1, 2009 at 11:36 am

Kanani practiced this morning. Shoji limited her to back row but said she was cleared to play all the way around. It was just precautionary. Apparently x-rays and such revealed no damage, just a turned ankle. I think he would like to hold her out against Saint Louis just to give her more rest but don’t think they’ll well. Saint Louis is a very good team.

• Cindy Luis September 1, 2009 at 12:10 pm

yes, surprised that Notre Dame didn’t crack the Top 25 but they followed their sweep of Stanford with being swept by LSU.

• John September 1, 2009 at 9:30 pm