Congrats to Kaufman, wins gold medal at NCAA meet

June 9th, 2010

Kaufman wins her first gold, finishing first today at the NCAA outdoor track and field championships in Eugene, Ore.
She cleared four heights on her first jump, including the 6-1 1/4 that won her the gold

The UH website has the video of her jump and medal ceremony. Very cool. www.hawaiiathletics.com

Comments
  • icon June 9, 2010 at 6:56 pm

Wow! Outstanding job!

• icon June 9, 2010 at 6:58 pm

Anyone know if Kaufman will return next year for her Sr. year in Track and Field?

• Cindy Luis June 9, 2010 at 7:00 pm

I believe she is going to return to finish her degree. and at least compete in the indoor season

• Warriorfan June 9, 2010 at 7:46 pm

Congrats Amber. I knew she could do it.

• Kazz June 9, 2010 at 8:19 pm

AMBEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved watching Amber Kaufman as a Rainbow Wahine volleyball player. I wrote many times about the “FIRE” she had as a competitor and I loved how she wore her emotions on sleeve and took it out on the volleyball.

I would have loved to see her rejoyce with her teammates over a national title in volleyball, but today Amber stands alone as a NATIONAL CHAMPION!!!

What a great “find” for UH athletics as a whole!!!

• RedZone June 9, 2010 at 8:43 pm

Congrats to Amber. An amazing athlete.

• [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Neal Kasamoto, Hawaii Warriors Buzz. Hawaii Warriors Buzz said: UH Sports Extra >> Congrats to Kaufman, wins gold medal at NCAA meet http://buzztap.com/-tMdCZJ [...]

• FreeThrowShooter June 10, 2010 at 6:18 pm

Very cool. Great to see athletes from Hawaii/UH competing and winning at a high level.

• Warriorfan June 11, 2010 at 3:48 am

Hey Cindy can you confirm Ferrell to Florida?

• Cindy Luis June 11, 2010 at 10:31 am

saw that up on VT, have not been able to confirm. I’d be a bit surprised, she stayed at UH this spring in order to make academic progress and I don’t know where she is in that regard. .

• jeff June 14, 2010 at 1:25 am

Nebraska women’s volleyball in the big 10 finally somebody to take on big bad PENN ST i expect penn st to lose a game this year. Who do you think will #1 in the pre season polls

• 808 June 16, 2010 at 4:26 am

There’s been talk that Illinois could push Penn State this year, along with Minnesota and Michigan. Adding Nebraska to the mix next year will make the Big 10 a tougher, even more top-heavy conference.