Croson-Hartong on the beach (?)

May 25th, 2012

Haven’t seen any entry list but if they are playing this weekend, it is at the CBVA event in Hermosa.

cbva.com.

Comments
  • Steve May 25, 2012 at 8:05 pm

LC,

Who is Wong-Orantes’s buddy?

Also, as mentioned on another thread, the Hartong-Croson combo, would have good. Could see that combo this coming year, since Lee has used up her elegibility. Also, another good combo might be Spieler-Kastl, what do you people think?

• LC May 26, 2012 at 8:47 am

Jane and Justine are close friends. Both have partnered in CBVA events in the past.

• roofer68 May 26, 2012 at 11:31 am

A little factual note – At Los Alamitos High, Hartong-senior, Croson and Halli Amaro-juniors and Wong-Orantes-freshman were all starters on the team.

• Steve May 25, 2012 at 8:07 pm

Cindy,

Thought Hartong was training with the National team? Has those plans changed?

• LC May 26, 2012 at 8:51 am

Hartong was select for the Senior A2 program.

Training Camp starts on June 26 through Thursday, July 5 in Columbus, OH.

Four A2 teams will compete against one another at the USA Girls’ Junior National Championships (GJNC) from July 1-4.

Team rosters haven’t been announced yet.

• Cindy Luis May 26, 2012 at 10:40 am

Thanks for answering LC.

• Steve May 26, 2012 at 10:55 am

LC,

Thank you for the info. Hope they are using her as an OH, the more practice she has as an OH, the better.

• Cindy Luis May 26, 2012 at 1:28 pm

no, A2 next month

• jeffwaikiki May 26, 2012 at 12:39 am

well i wish they were -playing at queen’s this a great blog have a great memorial day weekend

• bowsfan May 26, 2012 at 8:46 pm

I remember watching a alumnae game on k5 years ago, I remember Kari played, not sure if it was at Klum or not. Can some jog my memory. Just thought of this since alumnae game this year will be a standalone event, so I was wondering was something special happening this year.

• Cindy Luis May 26, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Don’t remember K5 ever doing the alumnae match live, either at Klum or SSC. Especially if it was at Klum. they may have shown bits of it if it was prior to a regular season match.
      TV didn’t really start doing the broadcasts regularly until after moving to the SSC in 94.
      Anderson was a senior in 94 so if she played in alumnae match it would have been in the SSC after 94.
      As for this season, Sept. 14 a stand-alone game on a Friday. Week in between last tournament and first road trip. nothing special happening. just the way the schedule worked out. Football on Saturday.

• haleiwacrossfitter May 27, 2012 at 8:23 pm

hey cindy…tv was regular beginning at least the men’s 1988 season, Allen, Bracenio, Poppinga brothers. I don’t think wahine 87 was on regularly, but 88 men were, except for a couple baseball games that superceded it.

From that point on, volleyball was a regular on TV. I remember watching wahine volleyball on TV since 86, but not regularly until 88. I remember watching Teee, Karrie, Martina, Anna Vorwerk (sp?), Taeatafa, Mary Robins, I can’t believe I still remember that starting lineup from 88. I remember Cherie Boyer entering the UCLA game against her sister Ann. Every home match was on TV that year and every year after.

Back in the klum days, tv was how the majority of us followed the team since klum only fit 2000 and if you weren’t in line early, forget it.

Wow the memories that are coming back.

• haleiwacrossfitter May 27, 2012 at 8:23 pm

but you are also right…they never televised the alumnae match…ever.

• Cindy Luis May 27, 2012 at 9:48 pm

I was in Klum starting in 81. And I’d like to think the majority of people followed the team via the newspapers before TV decided to jump on board
    I’d have to check with John Fink but I still don’t believe all the matches were televised regularly until after 88 or 89. Of course, since I was in the gym, I wasn’t watching on TV.

• haleiwacrossfitter May 28, 2012 at 11:00 am

I guarantee it was at least the 88 men. It was then that I started recording all the matches on my beta tapes…and would watch them over and over again. The 88 men being on tv so much got me into recording it because it was on so much. I was a young boy, probably in 7th grade, at that time. Didn’t read the paper, only watched TV. I would go to Klum every now and then as a special treat from my parents for doing all my chores and getting good grades. But the only way I followed both men’s and women’s volleyball back then was by tv.

I absolutely am positive that regular televised matches started in 88. Maybe earlier, but I know for sure 88 because that was when my obsession with it all began, and I remember watching it on tv, that was all I had. Well, it began with the 87 team women’s team, but probably more later in the season as they would televise some matches.

• Cindy Luis May 28, 2012 at 2:15 pm

won’t argue with your memories. i know the 87 women’s regional was televised with Hawaii against Pacific for the NCAA berth.
        As I said, I was working and in the bleachers. Just don’t remember TV at all regular-season matches that early.

• LC May 28, 2012 at 2:30 pm

Back to the subjects of this thread Croson and Hartong.

Finished 9th out of ten teams.

• Cindy Luis May 28, 2012 at 2:58 pm

thanks. had no success when looking for results.

• roofer68 May 28, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Fans of the pairing of Hartong and Croson shouldn’t be discouraged by their finish. Of the 6 pairs finishing in front of them, 8 players are AAA and one AA.