Hunt still in the hunt in OTB voting

May 29th, 2012

Hunt in the elite eight  for Off The Block. voting closes 5 p.m. HST Tuesday, May 29

Comments
  • Kanani ('12 Haili MVP w/ Sawaiians VB Team, Aloha Region) May 29, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Time Stamped: 5-29-12 @ 6:45p CST

Hoosier Exterminators 3-1 win over Iowa Ice in Open ‘PVL’ Championships (Salt Lake City, UT)…

Setter: 5.10 K. Manns, 2010 Graduate ISU

Opp: 6.2 K. Murphy, Senior @ U. of Florida

MBs: 6.2 R. Adams, Senior @ U. of Texas
    & 6.3 A. Wilson, 2011 Graduate PSU

Libero: 5.8 A. Mass, 2011 Graduate ISU

OHs: 6.0 K. Black, Senior @ TAMU
    & 6.2 C. Ledoux, Senior @ LBSU

*I WISH THAT I COULD’VE PLAYED!!!

• Poho ( in dat "Aloha Region") May 29, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Kanani would’ve been bad’okole in those USAV Nationals, man.

Eh? How come Luis is ALWAYS deleting your posts too, hah?
    *You’re ONLY trying to bring mana’o to the table; I NEVER is about anything personal…that is to say unless it has something to do with any of Dollies/alum. of Westwood L.A. (whom I’ve not especially cared for over the MANY years).

Don’t know what it is?!

• Poho ( in dat "Aloha Region") May 29, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Yeah. “I NEVER is…” hahaha
      Mana’o, who wants some?

• Cindy Luis May 29, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Don;t know what you’re talking about, on several frontsI rarely delete anything but things are deleted via our filters.
        The Dollies have nothing to do with ucla. they are the song girls from Stanford.

• vballfreak808 May 29, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Hunt loses (147-206). Hunt, Sander, and Petty were all the higher seeds and lost. Shoji is a higher seed and won by 2 votes.

• Kanani ('12 Haili MVP w/ Sawaiians VBC, Aloha Region & MVP Open Nationals w/ Exterminators, Hoosiers Region) May 29, 2012 at 7:20 pm

Things just happen sometimes…
    Just DON’T ask! :p

USAV chock full of nuts (I tell you)

• ID May 30, 2012 at 11:16 pm

Translation please.

• WaWa May 30, 2012 at 5:46 pm

I may have missed it somewhere, but can somebody tell/remind me who the #1 recruit ranked by prepvolleyball is? Thanks.

• rayson May 30, 2012 at 6:54 pm

I believe it was Molly McCage (6-3 MB).

• vballfreak808 May 31, 2012 at 11:36 am

Digg’Na Wahine asked USAV and they responded tell them that Kanani did win MVP

• setaone May 31, 2012 at 3:39 pm

Confirmed.

In the inaugural Premier Volleyball League, Kanani Danielson of Hoosier Exterminators was named most valuable player. Other all-tournament selections in the Premier Volleyball League were Hoosier Exterminators Rachael Adams and Ashley Mass, Team Iowa Ice’s Brittney Brimmage and Breann Payton, and Team North Texas’ Ashley Benson.

• Warrior15 May 31, 2012 at 4:17 pm

Congrats, Kanani !!

• Vinny May 31, 2012 at 4:20 pm

This girl has collected enough awards and trophy’s to fill a warehouse.

• vballfreak808 May 31, 2012 at 4:11 pm

Since the volleyball world is a little slow, here is a video of Katie Spieler and her sister playing at a beach tournament last year

Is there a chance Hawaii getting Cara Spieler for the sand volleyball team for the 2012 season? She completed her indoor eligibility in 2011 so we could possibly get her?

• Vinny May 31, 2012 at 4:25 pm

Katie is this adorable little munchkin who you could fit in a backpack.I have this felling that she is going to be a big hit with Wahine fans.

• Cindy Luis May 31, 2012 at 9:54 pm

Hardly a munchkin at 5-5. The Wahine have had shorter players.

• Cindy Luis May 31, 2012 at 9:56 pm

Both are AAA beach players. Wong does have at least 4 scholarships for sand to give.

• Vinny May 31, 2012 at 4:58 pm

I’m still wondering if this Sarah Mendoza girl from Irvine Valley is coming here. Miller didn’t mention her in her article and her coach at Irvine has a Hawai`i connection shouldn’t be hard to check it out.

• Cindy Luis May 31, 2012 at 9:52 pm

Ann didn’t mention her so that leads me to believe that she’s not coming. OR she could be walking on and plans to show up in fall.

• Steve May 31, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Hi Cindy,

Just wanted to let you know I am still around. You getting ready for paddle season. I am just waiting for the Olympic Volleyball, and Wahine Volleyball.

• Cindy Luis May 31, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Steve, I paddle recreationally a few times a week. haven’t done regatta since 2000. Haven’t done distance since 92 and haven’t done Molokai in a 6-man since 86. don’t have the time to do serious competition any more. and work gets in the way of afternoon practices.

• Cindy Luis May 31, 2012 at 10:49 pm

So to answer your question, no, not getting ready for paddling season. things were different back when we were the afternoon paper. I worked mornings and had the afternoons off to practice. I don’t miss regatta at all but I do miss distance racing.

• Steve May 31, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Cindy,

Forgot to mention, looking forward to seeing Heather Bown play again.