MPSF scores 1-8

January 8th, 2013

UC Irvine def. Pepperdine 25-20, 25-20, 25-21

UCLA def, CSU Northridge 25-18, 19-25, 15-19, 28-15, 15=13

All of the Bruins’ matches have gone 5, they are 3-1

Comments
  • Beauston January 9, 2013 at 11:24 am

Very concern on Wahine’s 2014 recruiting class, Top 50 recuriting class for 2014 came out and no one from Hawaii, while some may not have made it to the top 50, am not aware of anyone coming on board as if yet. Im hoping Wong is hard at work with the recruiting but I doubt it with Sand season right around the corner.
    IMO Hawaii’s recruiting have suffered since Sealy’s departure.

• warriofan January 9, 2013 at 1:20 pm

If UH can Land a class of Taylor Agost, Kalei Greeley and Brooke Mcdermott and Maybe Sirena Vorster, I will be really happy and think Wong did a great job.

• Beauston January 9, 2013 at 4:28 pm

Pretty tall order for recruits but agreed, this will be a pretty good class if he comes thru.

• Dedicatedfan January 9, 2013 at 12:56 pm

This top 50 will change come next year, when they rank the top 100.

• warriofan January 9, 2013 at 1:17 pm

Nebraska adding Beach, how convenient they announce this after getting Kelsey robinson and Justine Wong Orantes…

• Cindy Luis January 9, 2013 at 1:53 pm

Cook had said they were thinking about it last spring when they were here. I’m sure that helped with recruiting.
      Convenient? it’s been in the works and just made it official.

• warriofan January 9, 2013 at 1:24 pm

I saw the UCLA men, they are very beatable, more so than BYU. I just hope UH can cut down their errors.

• Karmady January 9, 2013 at 1:49 pm

….just as I hope you can find something constructive to say. My money’s on the WarrioRs, though just like the rest of the FANS who choose to support instead of tear down.

• vballfreak808 January 9, 2013 at 6:35 pm

I agree. They played four matches so far and they all went to five sets with two of them only winning by two points. Even though Hawaii is a lot younger, UCLA is less experienced. I am just worried that Hawaii will have trouble with their opposite Robert Page is 7’0 and is leading the team in kills and seems to be getting quite a few digs as well.

• vballfreak808 January 9, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Rechecked the sand volleyball roster and they added Kam, Lelepali, and Long. The roster is now at 21 players. That seems like a lot for a sand team.

• Cindy Luis January 9, 2013 at 6:52 pm

It’s good training for indoors. only 10 will travel, maybe 12. 5 teams play, much as in tennis.

• ACD January 10, 2013 at 5:32 am

Men’s VB has become very boring ,no can watch.