NCAA.com’s interview with selection committee member

November 30th, 2011

so that it doesn’t get buried on the other thread.

Volleyball considered a non-revenue generating sport. if they did it right, i would be.

Comments
  • Setaone November 30, 2011 at 10:59 am

I love how she is able to answer the questions without really answering the questions. Lol. She should be a politician.

• NT November 30, 2011 at 11:01 am

My thoughts exactly. Even though some areas don’t draw that well, a lot of the big programs have potential. Other programs would too, but the system is just ridiculous.

• Warrior15 November 30, 2011 at 11:23 am

the dotyoureye blog said it right… that interview with the selection committee chair was an insult to our intelligence!

• Cindy Luis November 30, 2011 at 11:26 am

agree with all of you. she said nothing other than the party line. the question that should have been asked was WHY doesn’t the committee take into account the coaches’ poll. 60 voters over 14 weeks surely know more than 8 people over a day or two.

• bosnoda November 30, 2011 at 12:13 pm

Here’s a link to the NCAA PreChampionship Manual.
    Page 10 has the timetable for selection, pages 41-42 list the members of the regional committee.

• po'okela November 30, 2011 at 2:44 pm

provided by ‘m’ from vtalk confirming OC Sports will be televising matches for any of you who are still wondering.

• LC November 30, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Did you know that the SSC holds 12,000 ?

Check out this twitter post and photo from N,Colorado

• Cindy Luis November 30, 2011 at 4:46 pm

10,500 officially. used to be 10,225. but pepperdine considered a sellout at 9600 for Hawaii 5-0

• Cindy Luis November 30, 2011 at 4:48 pm

yeah, don’t ask me why but UH said they’re not putting anteing out until this evening. but it will be Oceanic

• Setaone November 30, 2011 at 5:26 pm

Maybe so people will buy tickets instead?

• Cindy Luis November 30, 2011 at 6:10 pm

No, i think it’s more a function that the new SID has other things to do besides putting a release out about TV. he’s never been involved with a DI event before. asked him a couple times today and when I was at the arena. he said he’d do it tonight.

• NT November 30, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Lmao, did anyone read the first comment on that picture?

• GL November 30, 2011 at 5:15 pm

how many tickets left for the game tomorrow?

• LC November 30, 2011 at 5:59 pm

Attempts to order 1 ticket on-line lower level shows no seats available in any section

In the upper level sections A,B,C,D,E,F,G,PP,NN,MM,LL ,CC and AA are full.

• Cindy Luis November 30, 2011 at 6:06 pm

LC, i have to buy tickets for my neighbors tomorrow so will be at UH around 330. If you want a single ticket … 1 night? i can buy it for you and leave at will call. email me at clues@staradvertiser.com personally and you can pay me at the match.

• LC November 30, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Thanks Cindy but I don’t need one.I just have a way in which I can find out what sections have no seats available

• Cindy Luis November 30, 2011 at 6:42 pm

just wanted to offer

• Cindy Luis November 30, 2011 at 6:12 pm

tickets. under 4400. which is really good for a first-round match. hard to tell if they were singles for Thursday or if it was ticket packages for the 2 day

• HINVaFan November 30, 2011 at 5:37 pm

The game will be available by ppv live streaming online I hope, like the uh always does

• Cindy Luis November 30, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Was told by Chris McLachlin that ESPN will be experimenting with live streaming at next week’s regional here

• NT November 30, 2011 at 7:35 pm

Hey Cindy, did you hear anything about the amount of student tickets left today? My friends (already got mine) went this morning and said there were 50 left. I hope they were wrong and that there were much less remaining. I also hope Shoji and the team don’t take the possible gaps in the student section personally. Especially since the athletic department barely advertised or pushed the student tickets. It’s a footnote in an article on the website and the facebook page didn’t say a thing about it. They also don’t know how to issue tickets, my friend right behind me in line on Monday got seat 4 while I got seat 2 even though there wasn’t a student near us in line.

• Cindy Luis November 30, 2011 at 7:57 pm

NT, all a heard was ‘a few.’There is NO student section. it’s controlled by the NCAA. the ‘student’ section is the group of tickets Shoji bought.

• NT November 30, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Ah, k, I wasn’t sure how the seating was going. Since section F was grayed out for a long time and unavailable online, I thought that might have been reserved for student tickets to be bought at the SSC. Thanks for the info though.

• po'okela November 30, 2011 at 7:54 pm

maybe students don’t realize they’re not free tomorrow?

• NT November 30, 2011 at 8:09 pm

I think that’s what the problem is. The page regarding student tickets says “UH Manoa students only will be admitted with a current validated UH Manoa student ID to any UH Manoa home men’s or women’s volleyball or basketball event at the Stan Sheriff Center (SSC).” No mention of NCAA tournament tickets.

• po'okela November 30, 2011 at 7:58 pm

rainbowtique at ward has sections which I couldn’t find online before

• Cindy Luis November 30, 2011 at 8:12 pm

don’t know if UH students don’t know. if they read the paper they would know. if they read Ka Leo today they were informed.

• NT November 30, 2011 at 8:17 pm

LOL, well, shows how much I read the Ka Leo. I saw it in the paper today though. Haven’t picked up the Ka Leo in a while, especially since all their “articles” turned into opinions and they started including intermediate school level “ask ___.”

• dasource808 November 30, 2011 at 8:16 pm

Cindy, can you confirm the time of the Friday match. Is it 5pm or 7pm? Conflicting information out there. Thanks.

• Cindy Luis November 30, 2011 at 8:22 pm

7 p.m. Friday. not sure why our paper had 5 p.m., today. Monday and Tuesday we had 7 p.m.

• surfboy December 1, 2011 at 10:02 am

is anything confirmed yet if the tonight and tomorrows matches are streaming on espn or else where?

• KC December 1, 2011 at 10:03 am

Is there any way us Wahine fans living on the mainland can watch tonight’s game online? Either through OCSports.tv or ESPN3 or something…

• menehune December 1, 2011 at 3:27 pm

Live streaming at https://secure.oceanic.com/Streaming on Thursday, Dec. 1, 2011. Ordering is available 1 hour before the event (5 PM HST). Price, $6.28 covers both games.
      LET’S GO BOWS. From 760.