Spring practice-day one

March 30th, 2009
By

The first day of spring practice is in the books. A few highlights of an afternoon devoted to position drills and fundamentals:

 

>> After warmups, the entire team spent the first period of practice working on form tackling. Wednesday’s emphasis will be on shedding blocks, with turnover drills on the agenda for Saturday.

>> The quarterbacks appeared on target for the most part with Greg Alexander leading the rotation. Five-foot-eight slotback Dustin Blount made a nice leaping catch over the middle during drills.

“Now I know the offense. I’m looking at the right things, things are slowing down and I know where I want the ball to go,” he said.

>> The offensive and defensive lines got some one-on-one work, though without much contact, focusing primarily on their first step off the line.

>> Seeing some players in new numbers will take some getting used to, Leon Wright-Jackson in 23, for example. Inoke Funaki, listed as No. 2 on the spring roster, wore No. 20, switching with slotback Jon Medeiros. Jake Heun, a redshirt running back last year, is now wearing a green No. 5 and worked with the defensive ends.

>> Head coach Greg McMackin said Wednesday’s practice will be more individual and position drills. He said they’ll put the pads on for Saturday morning’s practice, which will include 7-on-7 and team periods.

 >> The first units today:

Offense—WRs Greg Salas, Malcolm Lane; SBs Kealoha Pilares, Jon Medeiros; QB Greg Alexander; RB Leon Wright-Jackson; OL (from left) Aaron Kia, Ray Hisatake, John Estes, Raphael Ieru, Laupepa Letuli.

Defense—DL John Fonoti, Vaughn Meatoga, Rocky Savaiigaea, Elliott Purcell; LBs R.J. Kiesel-Kauhane, Brashton Satele, Viliami Nauahi; DBs Jeramy Bryant, Chris Black, Spencer Smith, Mana Silva.

Be Sociable, Share!
Comments
  • Marcy July 24, 2019 at 4:14 pm

    I like the helpful information you provide in your articles.
    I’ll bookmark your weblog and check again here regularly.
    I’m quite certain I’ll learn plenty of new stuff right here!
    Best of luck for the next!

  • Christal July 24, 2019 at 4:43 pm

    I was able to find good info from your blog articles.

  • Dewayne July 25, 2019 at 3:15 am

    This article is in fact a good one it helps new net people, who are wishing in favor of blogging.

  • Rachele July 25, 2019 at 2:49 pm

    Hi there, this weekend is pleasant designed for me, for the reason that this moment i am reading this great
    educational post here at my house.

  • Georgianna July 26, 2019 at 7:29 am

    I blog quite often and I seriously appreciate your information. The article has truly peaked my interest.
    I am going to bookmark your website and keep checking for new details
    about once per week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.

  • Margot August 26, 2019 at 7:23 pm

    fantastic put up, very informative. I ponder why the opposite experts of this
    sector do not realize this. You must continue your writing.
    I’m confident, you’ve a great readers’ base already!

  • Claribel August 27, 2019 at 4:49 am

    Thankfulness to my father who told me regarding this website, this
    webpage is genuinely amazing.

  • Sheryl September 2, 2019 at 3:31 pm

    Hello, I check your new stuff on a regular basis.
    Your writing style is awesome, keep up the
    good work!

  • Sherlene September 7, 2019 at 5:46 pm

    I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this post is written by
    him as no one else know such detailed about my difficulty.

    You are incredible! Thanks!

  • sindev-tchad.net October 2, 2019 at 12:19 pm

    A tree care service may help to get this dealt with.

  • hey October 5, 2019 at 4:33 am

    I visited various websites however the audio quality for audio songs current at this website is actually excellent.|

  • 1golf.eu February 7, 2020 at 8:23 pm

    Hi, I do believe this is a great web site. I
    stumbledupon it ;) I am going to come back
    yet again since I saved as a favorite it. Money and freedom is the best way to
    change, may you be rich and continue to guide other people.

  • Del February 9, 2020 at 3:51 pm

    I’m not sure why but this web site is loading very slow for
    me. Is anyone else having this issue or is it a problem on my end?
    I’ll check back later on and see if the problem still exists.

  • Roland February 10, 2020 at 3:57 am

    Magnificent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and you are
    just too wonderful. I really like what you have acquired here, certainly like what you’re
    saying and the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining
    and you still care for to keep it sensible. I can’t wait
    to read far more from you. This is actually a terrific site.

  • Felicitas February 10, 2020 at 5:28 am

    WOW just what I was looking for. Came here by searching for staradvertiser.com

  • http://statecollege.com February 10, 2020 at 11:21 pm

    You can certainly see your skills within the work you
    write. The world hopes for more passionate writers such as you who are not afraid to say how they believe.
    At all times go after your heart.

  • http://bk.sanw.net/ February 11, 2020 at 8:20 am

    Thank you, I have just been looking for information about this
    subject for ages and yours is the best I’ve found out till now.
    However, what concerning the conclusion? Are you sure in regards to the
    source?

  • Brookwood Camps February 11, 2020 at 9:12 am

    I know this website provides quality based content and other
    information, is there any other site which offers such stuff in quality?

  • ttree.co February 11, 2020 at 10:03 am

    Now I am going to do my breakfast, when having my breakfast
    coming again to read other news.

  • Armand February 11, 2020 at 8:43 pm

    Undeniably believe that which you stated. Your favorite justification appeared to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of.

    I say to you, I certainly get irked while people consider worries that they plainly don’t know about.
    You managed to hit the nail upon the top as well as defined out the
    whole thing without having side effect , people could take a signal.
    Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

  • http://api.perception-point.io/ February 11, 2020 at 10:31 pm

    I am regular visitor, how are you everybody? This post posted at this website is actually
    good.

  • Hassan February 12, 2020 at 4:29 am

    I every time emailed this website post page to all my friends, for the reason that if like to read it after that my
    links will too.

  • ig February 13, 2020 at 8:41 pm

    Hello, this weekend is good designed for me, because this moment i am reading this great informative piece of writing here at
    my residence.

  • Post a comment

    Threaded commenting powered by interconnect/it code.

1 10 11 12