To fee or not to fee?

July 14th, 2010

Thoughts on the proposed student activity fee for UH? I like it but I’m not paying for it.
Perhaps it would give the students a reason to show up for athletic events. Perhaps they don’t have the $3-$5 per game to pay at the gate but if they had a card that let them in without a hassle … when I was in school (UCLA in the 70s) , we had a fee. everyone paid it and everyone got a book of tickets for football games. Basketball (men’s) was another matter. You put your name in for season tickets and were chosen by computer lottery. then you got the free tickets.
And all of the other sporting events were free. Back in the day, we used to drop in to watch some of men’s volleyball on the way to playing an IM contest. Don’t think they even bothered with tickets for MVB, and they played in Pauley.

Comments
  • tinyurl.com April 25, 2019 at 12:56 pm

fantastic put up, very informative. I’m wondering
    why the other experts of this sector do not understand this.
    You should continue your writing. I am confident, you have a great readers’ base already!

• Zandra April 25, 2019 at 2:08 pm

If some one desires to be updated with most recent technologies then he must be
    pay a visit this website and be up to date all the time.

• Grupo Coral April 25, 2019 at 2:11 pm

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about staradvertiser.com.
    Regards

• http://tinyurl.com/y2wbk6y9 April 25, 2019 at 3:34 pm

I do believe all the concepts you’ve introduced in your
    post. They’re very convincing and can definitely work.
    Still, the posts are too short for novices. Could you please extend them a little from
    subsequent time? Thank you for the post.

• http://tinyurl.com/y7ym52q2 April 25, 2019 at 4:14 pm

This design is incredible! You certainly know how to keep a reader amused.

Between your wit and your videos, I was almost
    moved to start my own blog (well, almost…HaHa!) Great job.

I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how you presented it.

Too cool!

• Zita April 25, 2019 at 6:34 pm

Thank you for the good writeup. It if truth
    be told was a enjoyment account it. Look advanced to more added agreeable from
    you! However, how can we be in contact?

• tinyurl.com April 25, 2019 at 10:40 pm

I really like what you guys are usually up too. This sort of clever work and exposure!
    Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve included you guys to my own blogroll.

• Sabrina April 25, 2019 at 10:47 pm

Asking questions are in fact pleasant thing if you are not understanding something totally, except this post presents nice understanding yet.

• tinyurl.com April 25, 2019 at 11:17 pm

Fantastic beat ! I would like to apprentice while you amend your
    site, how could i subscribe for a blog website?
    The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea

• tinyurl.com April 26, 2019 at 12:46 am

Everything said made a bunch of sense. But, what about this?
    what if you typed a catchier post title? I am not saying your information isn’t solid, but what if you added something
    that grabbed a person’s attention? I mean Volleyshots – Hawaii
    News – Staradvertiser.com is kinda plain. You ought to
    look at Yahoo’s front page and watch how they create article headlines to grab
    people interested. You might add a video or a picture or two to grab readers interested about
    everything’ve written. In my opinion, it might bring your posts a little livelier.

• tinyurl.com April 26, 2019 at 2:48 am

I do accept as true with all the ideas you’ve offered on your post.
    They are very convincing and can definitely work. Nonetheless, the posts are too
    quick for newbies. May just you please extend them a little from next time?
    Thank you for the post.

• Leonardo Martins de Almeida April 26, 2019 at 3:09 am

Now I am going away to do my breakfast, once having my breakfast coming again to read more news.

• Leonardo Martins de Almeida April 26, 2019 at 3:14 am

We’re a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community.
    Your web site offered us with valuable info to work on. You’ve done a formidable activity
    and our whole community might be grateful to
    you.