UCLA No. 1 in 10-31 poll, Hawaii down to No. 8

October 31st, 2011

Bruins, based on their two wins at Cal and Stanford this week, leapfrogged to 1 from 6th, getting 41 votes. Nebraska slips a spot to 2, followed by Stanford, SC and Illinois.

Penn State goes from 8 to 6, which pushed Hawaii from 7 to 8. and Cal from 2 to 7.

hopefully the RPI comes out today while I’m still online.

UCLA winning should continue to help Hawaii.

Hawaii with 2 first=place votes.

Comments
  • Beauston October 31, 2011 at 10:31 am

Poll this week looks pretty good to me, I’m glad other coaches recognizing the Wahine’s grueling schedule and the wins that came out from it with 2 first place votes, and although spread out to many teams, we still got more than Penn State and Nebraska.
    UCLA is now trending to be the team to beat, still have plenty of vball to be play that can chage the rankings but UH against UCLA will be epic.

• Beauston October 31, 2011 at 10:42 am

Sorry more votes than Penn State, Illinois and Stanford not Nebraska

• surfboy October 31, 2011 at 10:44 am

I wonder who voted Hawaii #1?

• Cindy Luis October 31, 2011 at 11:02 am

they got two votes. not sure who would.

• roofer68 October 31, 2011 at 12:04 pm

How about Nina Mathies, Dave Rubio, Reed Sunahara or Mike Sealy? Hawaii hanging in there, getting more respect.

• Warrior15 October 31, 2011 at 11:10 am

Hawaii slips one spot from 7 to 8 in the RPI.

• volleyball fan October 31, 2011 at 2:04 pm

My prediction in my last blog was correct. I knew that Hawaii would be #8 and that’s fine. Hope that Hawaii won’t meet UCLA in the first two rounds of the playoffs. However, any pairing can happen in the regionals.

• HIfanNVA October 31, 2011 at 3:38 pm

How does UCLA winning help Hawaii? I thought that would only apply if Hawaii beat UCLA in the pre-season tournament?

• Warrior15 October 31, 2011 at 3:58 pm

UCLA winning helps Hawaii in the RPI ratings (which is what is used by the NCAA selection committee for the tournament).

RPI is a computer rating based on your win-loss records, opponents’ win-loss records, and opponents’ opponents’ win-loss records.

• sideout October 31, 2011 at 3:51 pm