UCSB outlasts USC in five.

April 30th, 2011

sorry out at another assignment … just got in.

Gauchos have certainly gotten hot at the right time.

UCSB 20 25 21 25 16
USC 25 23 25 18 14

no mystery now. SC will be the at-large into next week’s NCAA.

Comments
  • warriorfan April 30, 2011 at 6:46 pm

UCSB and their six senior starters are peaking at the right time! Congrats to them.
    I am Jealous , really wish it was UH in their position.
    UH needs Middles like UCSB!!!!

• jmy April 30, 2011 at 6:56 pm

How about those Gauchos! Great well-deserved win for them…I hope they win it all…

• Jogga April 30, 2011 at 6:59 pm

Wow. SC has played great the whole year, only to have this happen to them at the end. Still not sure about Troy being player of the year. Maybe Ciarelli deserves it more than Troy. Ciarelli has been carrying the team recently.

• Ron May 1, 2011 at 6:49 am

The two best team we saw this year were USC and UCSB on their second night here. Troy (the team and the player) looked pretty good to me but UCSB’s teamwork was impressive. I told a few of the players after the match that they could win it all. But I am biased since we are a UCSB generational family.

• volleyball fan May 1, 2011 at 7:22 am

I agree with Warrior fan. Maybe UH can be inspired next year by UCSB’s feat. Our middles can improve and hopefully our passing now that Josh Walker is gone. But we still need a new better setter and two strong outside hitters beside Umlauft, altogether a tremendous trio.

As for UCSB, I agree with all the comments. They clung in there till the very end, making the plays they needed to while USC made two critical passing errors in crunch time. It was a thriller match to watch online. The underdog made it against all odds. Hats off to UCSB!

• Jogga May 1, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Excuse my ignorance, but who plays who next week in Penn? I know USC and UCSB will be there. Who are the other two and what days do they play?

• jmy May 2, 2011 at 11:46 am