Voting still open for Danielson’s/Lowe’s award

October 31st, 2011

they just posted the story I wrote on Danielson and Pepperdine’s Hill.

this morning Danielson at 30.1, UNC’s Gibson at 32.

voting closes nov. 21

Comments
  • LC October 31, 2011 at 9:56 am

Hawai`i fans might not be voting as much now that we know that something smells like cheating.

Lowe’s told me in an e-mail that they are investigating the voting
    after receiving complaints about fraudulent voting .

• Kazu October 31, 2011 at 12:03 pm

Don’t understand the voting system at all. Sometimes when i vote for Kananai, it looks like the other girl is getting the vote..

• sunandsurf October 31, 2011 at 10:23 am

Great article; just one typo in the last paragraph; should be Hawaii with a capital “h”…

• vballfreak808 November 1, 2011 at 1:14 pm

Is this award based only on the fan voting?

• Cindy Luis November 2, 2011 at 3:07 pm

No, there are other factors in the voting, including coaches voting.

• LC November 2, 2011 at 3:34 pm

Hey Cindy what to you think about these new claims making the rounds on social web sites like twitter and facebook that this thing is rigged ?

Many find it interesting that Gibson goes to North Carolina and Lowe’s cooperate headquarters is locarted at 1000 Lowe’s Blvd. Mooresville, NC.

There was something very fishy about the way she had this rapid increase in votes from 8% to tying Kanani at 20% in less that and hour and it has just conveniently stayed close since then.

• Cindy Luis November 6, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I don’t know if Lowe’s is rigged. the only thing I’ve ever heard is from one of our bloggers. in my dealings with them, they’ve been very upfront. I would hope that it is mere coincidence that Gibson goes to UNC, but there also could be that the Lowe’s in that state has a little sign out to vote for the moengrown candidate. no one questioned the award voting last year.

• Spike November 2, 2011 at 10:15 pm

It’s ridiculous. I’m about to give up voting because it’s obviously a scam.

There are so many people voting for Kanani yet the lead for this other player gets bigger each day. At first, I thought it was just a concerted effort by the other player’s community but it’s too ridiculous now.

I’m starting to think this is a rinkydink award if it is handled this way. It’s not like it’s very prestigious like the Broderick award.

• Occupy Lowe's November 3, 2011 at 5:45 am

In response to the rigged Lowe’s Award we are asking all Hawai`i sports fans to boycott Lowe’s stores .Spread the word via all social web sites that this award is a joke .