Wahine second, Lee-Croson win in sand VB

April 1st, 2012

UH’s No. 2 team Lee and Croson, and No. 3 Nordyke & Uiato make all-tourney.

Lee and Croson def. FSU’s No. 1 team Tiegs-Newgard in final of GOLD

Lee-Croson eliminated UH 4 Griffiths-Stauber in Gold Bracket Round of 16.

UH1 Stolzman-Hartong loses to FSU No. 1 in quarters

In silver UH 3 Nordyke-Uiao wins SILVER bracket

UH5 Vorster-Lelepali eliminated in quarters of silver

Team Standings (based on pool play)
1. Florida State (34-6)
2. Hawaii (27-13)
3. College of Charleston (21-19)
4. North Florida (17-23)
5. Jacksonville (15-25)
6. UAB (11-19)
7. FAU (10-30)

GOLD BRACKET
FSU #2 (Stepanova/Pardon) vs JU #1 (Courtney/Witmire) – JU wins (Medical Forfeit)
UAB #1 (Hirini/Fairbanks) vs CofC #1 (Chub/Theesfeld) – UAB wins 2-0 (21-11, 21-16)
UH #1 (Stoltzman/Hartong) vs UNF #1 (Medina/Strack) – UH wins 2-0 (21-18, 21-16)
FSU #4 (Hayworth/McGregor) vs FSU #1 (Tiegs/Newgard) – FSU #1 wins 2-0 (21-11, 21-17)

UH #2 (Lee/Croson) vs UH #4 (Griffiths/Stayer) – UH #2 wins 2-1 (24-26, 21-18, 15-9)
FAU #1 (Joanne/Pizzocheri) vs CofC #2 (Kolich/Shelton) – FAU #1 wins 2-1 (20-22, 23-21, 15-2)
FSU #3 (Djurdjevic/Pavels) vs UAB #2 (Thomas/Gallagher) – FSU #3 wins 2-0 (21-17, 21-12)
FSU #5 (Kiley/Pellitteri) vs JU #2 (Stausbaugh/Cullen) – FSU #5 wins 2-0 (21-10, 21-10)

Quarterfinals
JU #1 vs UAB #1 – JU #1 wins 2-1 (21-16, 16-21, 22-20)
FSU #1 vs UH #1 – FSU #1 wins 2-0 (21-13, 21-17)
UH #2 vs FAU #1 – UH #2 wins 2-0 (21-17, 21-17)
FSU #5 vs FSU #3 – FSU #3 wins 2-1 (21-11, 16-21, 15-6)

Semifinals
JU# 1 vs FSU #1 – FSU #1 wins 2-0 (23-21, 21-16)
UH #2 vs FSU #3 – UH #2 wins 2-0 (21-12, 21-14)

Championship
FSU #1 vs UH #2 – UH #2 wins 2-1

Comments
  • vballfreak808 April 1, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Congrats to Croson and Lee! Looking forward to seeing them play for the rest of the season!

• sandandsurf April 1, 2012 at 11:52 pm

i think an article said that there’s going to be a match in waikiki this saturday @ 8 am; true?

would be fun to watch!

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 11:15 am

Yes, match Saturday at Queen’s. Starts at 8. vs. HPU.
      you can always check hawaiiathletics.com for the schedule.

• Jesse April 2, 2012 at 7:12 am

Doesnt look like the transfer is Ashley Kastl, per her twitter she hasn’t decided where she is going yet as of yesterday.

• haleiwacrossfitter April 2, 2012 at 2:20 pm

You may be right…but I think with all that has been announced with it being an OH and from west of the rockies…she fits in this scenario. She would be a senior…which would free up the scholarships for 2013. I don’t know how good she is, but she was ASU’s go to hitter. Not the greatest of stats, but playing in the pac 10 and every team knowing they have to stop you to beat ASU, they probably stacked up on her A LOT, I’m thinking, so stats may not say how good she really is with a supporting cast.

Dmantooth, did say the PSU transfer is not an OH, so Longo could still be coming, just not at this announcement. Probably later. We shall see soon, I hope

• Jesse April 2, 2012 at 7:41 am

Its ali longo ! I think uh had its starting libero

• Jesse April 2, 2012 at 7:44 am

Has^

• uhfan April 2, 2012 at 7:53 am

I was hoping for a OH in case FF doesnt work out

• warriorfan April 2, 2012 at 10:40 am

I wouldn’t be surprised if an OH is still in the works, and if FF does become eligible as well.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 11:16 am

It’s not Longo. It’s not a libero.
      The transfer is an OH.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 11:23 am

Cindy, since it is an OH, has to be a JC transfer, otherwise would have to sit out one year, no help then.

• WahineVB April 2, 2012 at 12:18 pm

Why do we need another OH? We have Croson and Hartong. Will this transfer play RS, or is Hartong going back to the middle??

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 12:25 pm

You need another OH because you need three out there. Appears to be an RS.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 11:27 am

Jesse, it’s not Longo.

• po'okela April 2, 2012 at 7:55 am

fast to shadow what the speculation is on volleytalk.

I doubt it’s longo and I’m hoping it’s not. too many backrow players and I can’t imagine 2 scholarships going to a potential libero starter (longo) and a backup (stauber).

• Jesse April 2, 2012 at 8:00 am

Werent u one of the people complaining about the defense and passing last season??? Uh goes out and potentially gets a proven libero who has faced all the big time teams and your not happy?? fyi stauber is a setter not a backup libero!

• warriorfan April 2, 2012 at 10:27 am

With Danielson leaving , getting someone to patrol the backrow WAS a must. Maeda is good in spurts and she will make an excellent DS. Now lets just hope FF gets qualified.

• po'okela April 2, 2012 at 8:05 am

try get ur story straight. first,. I didn’t complain I just questioned dave’s reason for starting blake over maeda. second, stauber was recruited as a back up to uiato and a defensive specialist/libero. what’s the reason for having 8-9 backrow players on a roster?

• po'okela April 2, 2012 at 9:30 am

i may not know which defensive players will make the final roster; however NOBODY knows who will make the final roster PERIOD. croson may transfer, uiato may transfer, hartong may transfer – so until that final roster is posted and the girls show up in uniform, your guess is as good as mine.

s

• Jesse April 2, 2012 at 9:37 am

Hit a nerve? Why complain about the number of defensive players then, if that’s your point. I really shouldn’ engage with dummies.

• po'okela April 2, 2012 at 9:44 am

i’m not the one trying to grab info from volleytalk and posting it on cindy’s blog as their own.

“it’s ali long. i think UH has it’s starting libero’

next time you make accusations, get your facts straight idiot.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 11:24 am

And PLEASE enough of the name calling. I am deleting some of the entries. if you want to be rude, go elsewhere. All opinions are welcome but please be civil.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 11:41 am

Cindy, now you went and did it. The blog is all out of wack now, not in any kind of sequence. :(

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 12:03 pm

Not out of whack. was replying to the posts.

As I said before, still digging as to who it is. I don’t know other than it’s an OH transfer and NOT from PSU.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 4:09 pm

someone asked when the announcement will be.
            Shoji said this week. I’m leaving for the mainland Wednesday. hope to have it before then.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 4:29 pm

Cindy, will that mean, there will not be a new blog entry, until you get back?

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm

Steve, i’ll be making entries but limited. going to see my mother who is not doing well and may have to make some tough decisions that will require some time.
            Planning to be at the sand tourney in Hermosa if all goes well.

• haleiwacrossfitter April 2, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Cindy, my prayers will be with you and your family. Don’t even worry about this blog and keeping us knuckleheads updated. I pray everything will be ok.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 5:22 pm

I agree, us knuckleheads can fend for ourselves while you take care of your mom.

• Beauston April 2, 2012 at 5:43 pm

Yup, LC can be the moderator lol

• Mr High Expectations April 2, 2012 at 5:44 pm

I have other commitments. I’m on American Idol.

• Jesse April 2, 2012 at 6:07 pm

Thank god, your real blog stinks.

if it is Kastl, she will give Hartong a run for her money, and she will be popular with the male fanbase too.

• Mr High Expectations April 2, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I don’t have any blog.

• Mr High Expectations April 2, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I just made a post here and it showed up over at the Warrior Beat.

• Beauston April 2, 2012 at 6:27 pm

My last one I think went to moon

• LC April 2, 2012 at 7:49 pm

I sorry to say that the post Cindy removed about Sam( And I felt that at the time it was the right thing to do) was true.

” Samantha “Sam” Wopat ’14, a member of the women’s volleyball team, died Sunday, March 25, at Stanford Hospital following a weeklong battle in the intensive care unit. Wopat was hospitalized Saturday, March 17, after attempting suicide in her Suites residence.

• LC April 2, 2012 at 8:13 pm

If you don’t want your post to end up in China you need to reply to the last post as I just did.

• warriorfan April 2, 2012 at 8:46 pm

That’s terribly tragic :(

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 8:55 pm

LC, I just didn’t want to put out a rumor, particularly such a sad one. Obviously true, and still very sad.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 8:59 pm

LC, just weird. didn’t know we could cross-pollenate.

• Beauston April 2, 2012 at 6:11 pm

I disnt see much on kastl but the ones that I did not impressive, might need to see it to believe it or there’s not much to believe in it at all?
            LC, Pac 12?

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 5:20 pm

Cindy, tell your mom, your whole gang of followers are praying for her, ok.

• Mr High Expectations April 2, 2012 at 4:45 pm

I won’t have to wait for any silly announcement.

Hint #1 Her Religion is her rock..

Hint # 2 (3.87298335)

Hint # 3 Her and Reid Priddy have a connection.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 4:56 pm

LC, don’t think you have the right conference.

• Beauston April 2, 2012 at 5:59 pm

Cindy what conference is this OH coming from?

• Mr High Expectations April 2, 2012 at 6:01 pm

The conference that Hawai`i fans would like to be in.

• !!! April 2, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Oh please. Quit trying to act like have a clue.

• Mr High Expectations April 2, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Man this thread is really discombobulated , no telling where your post will end up.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 10:28 pm

Yes, Pac-12

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 5:24 pm

LC, who the heck is Reid Priddy, anyway.

• haleiwacrossfitter April 2, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Reid Priddy played for Loyola Marymount and now the national team..for men.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 5:31 pm

thanks for all the prayers and kind words. i’ll have some down time to catch up. just won’t be as much as now.

• warriorfan April 2, 2012 at 6:19 pm

Best wishes to your mom and entire fam CIndy.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 9:03 pm

Thanks WF. appreciate all the kind words and thoughts.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 9:10 pm

And yes, Pac-12

• roofer68 April 2, 2012 at 10:04 pm

Kastl and Longo looks good, holding the last scholie for FF if it happens, and Emily Hartong is still my Homecoming Queen.
            Cindy I put it here so it won’t end up in Warrior Beat.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 10:28 pm

you guys are just too funny. 1 transfer has now turned into 2-3?
            I only know of 1

• Vinny April 3, 2012 at 7:24 am

If Kastl is leaving ASU then why is she on the ASU 2012 roster ?

• Vinny April 3, 2012 at 7:47 am

How does an OH who isn’t a terminator and only hit .156 last year help us ?

• Steve April 3, 2012 at 8:14 am

Vinny, you can add also, did not play RS, and is only 6’0. Do we not have 2 RS hitters who are about 6’0, in height, already. Thought Shoji was looking for a taller RS hitter.

• Beauston April 3, 2012 at 8:30 am

Steve, at this point who knows, read my post that went in the middle of this thread which sums up what I gathered so far. Taller I think would not suffice our need for a terminator and being able to contribute right away on the RS, good example was Satele last season, not tall but very effective and was a terminator on the RS.

• Beauston April 3, 2012 at 8:32 am

And ASU’s roster might have not been updated either… Best way is to jut wait for Shoji’s announcement. Hoping for someone really good

• roofer68 April 3, 2012 at 9:04 am

Idealy Shoji was looking for a RS but maybe this late in the game a LOH is all that was available. Like I said before he would move Hartong to RS.

• warriorfan April 3, 2012 at 7:58 am

Why is this any of your business???

• Vinny April 3, 2012 at 8:06 am

Everything is my business.

• warriorfan April 3, 2012 at 8:36 am

She can put the ball down against the likes of UW, USC and Stanford, something that the rest of the outside hitters on the roster ( except Jane and Emily) might not be able to do.

As the 4th or 5th option on the wahine, that hitting percentage will climb higher, especially playing in the big west opposed to being the top option in a SLoooooow offense run by ASU against Pac 10 competition.

Every other big west school would GLADLY take her. I had my doubts about her hitting percentage but after seeing her play on video I am impressed, she is a baller.

• Beauston April 3, 2012 at 8:45 am

Warriorfan-care to share the videos u were watching? The very few I saw was not impressive at all?

• Cindy Luis April 3, 2012 at 8:50 am

Peeps, never said there was more than 1 transfer. Never said it was Kastl or Tuioti-Mariner. Don’t know why Longo’s name is even out here
            Here’s how this all came about.
            Asked Shoji what he was going to do about his RS
            he said he’d have an announcement this week about a transfer. Told me I could figure it out. He couldn’t tell me anything else.
            Reliable source tells me Pac-12, south part of the conference which leaves SC, UCLA, the Arizonas.

• uhfan April 3, 2012 at 9:17 am

Ashley Kastl

• Vinny April 3, 2012 at 9:37 am

It’s fun trying to figure it out isn’t it ? Like most of us are bored around this time of the year anyway and I love how any simple statement can be taken in so many different ways.

I noticed that someone asked Kastl in an indirect way about her finding a new school and she completely ignored it.I think it said “heard you found a new school.”

• RYK April 3, 2012 at 9:42 am

Longo’s name is out there only because of VT. A supposed Penn State insider said a player is transferring to UH. He also had the news that Dorton was transferring to College of Charleston before anyone else so that’s why people seem to believe him.

Who knows if any of this is true, but he doesn’t seem to be the type to be playing games.

• Cindy Luis April 3, 2012 at 9:44 am

Oh, i know RYK. I saw the VT thing.
            the problem was that when I mentioned a transfer, Longo’s name immediately came up. Have heard nothing about UH getting more than the 1 transfer.

• Vinny April 3, 2012 at 9:56 am

Cindy said “Asked Shoji what he was going to do about his RS
            Reliable source tells me Pac-12, south part of the conference.

It’s FF. She is a transfer and they have never publicly announced that.Pac 12 school, southern half. Are we all over thinking this ?

BTW this is a double post last one went somewhere not sure where.

• Beauston April 3, 2012 at 9:59 am

Vinny, Cindy said it’s not FF.

• Cindy Luis April 3, 2012 at 9:59 am

Vinny;, IT IS NOT FONOIMOANA. Read my explanation above or below or wherever it’s gone

• Beauston April 3, 2012 at 10:04 am

Cindy, care to share who your guess is?
            If you have to give a name, who will it be?

Shoji did say you can figure it out…

• Cindy Luis April 3, 2012 at 10:08 am

Beau, sorry, trying to get a bunch of stuff done before I leave. will get back to this when i’m done.
            no guess

• po'okela April 3, 2012 at 10:12 am

maybe u guys should move all this transfer talk to the last blog.

• roofer68 April 3, 2012 at 10:38 am

I believe the “figure it out” part Shoji is referring to the positions of OH and RS. The transfer has probably played only LOH and he would move Hartong to RS.

• Vinny April 3, 2012 at 10:05 am

Do you ever get the feeling that the tech guys at the SA are yanking your string every time they tell you that they are going to change this blog ? This is a pain in the arse looking for where our post windup.

• Vinny April 3, 2012 at 10:08 am

I give up.I don’t care anymore who it is.

• roofer68 April 3, 2012 at 10:41 am

Vinny just click on to the Reply on the last post like I did on yours.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 10:34 pm

Priddy is still playing with the national team. he was on the 08 gold medal team at the Olympics.

• Beauston April 2, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Yup played for national team, not sure if hes still on though.

• haleiwacrossfitter April 2, 2012 at 5:24 pm

either you know or you don’t know…these silly hints are stupid. You know it only makes people think and speculate more and more…you do this to just play around with people. If you know, say who it is, if you don’t stop pretending like you do. If you’re not sure, but have an idea, then say that. Or if you don’t want to say until you have actual confirmation, then don’t even give out hints. or at least give good hints…sheesh.

• Beauston April 2, 2012 at 5:57 pm

Dude just spill it already, driving eveyone crazy here, Steve might end staying up all night for the rest of us… Lol jk

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 6:05 pm

How did you know, I would do that, Beauston. lol

• Beauston April 2, 2012 at 5:37 pm

It was me Cindy, thank you and so sorry to hear about your mom. Definitely keep you in our prayers this holy week.

• RYK April 2, 2012 at 8:50 am

Read volleytalk, a poster (not a Hawaii fan) said it was a Penn State player that is transferring to Hawaii. I have no idea if he is credible or not.

I agree though that Longo doesn’t make sense. She is a good player, but do we really need another libero on the roster?

• Jesse April 2, 2012 at 8:57 am

yes, not sold on Maeda still. That poster was right about where dorton ended up, he’s a penn state insider.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 11:22 am

People, people, people.
        It’s NOT Longo. It’s an OH.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 11:24 am

Cindy, OH must be a JC transfer, otherwise would have to sit out one year, no help then.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 11:26 am

Cindy, is the OH at least 6’2 or 6’3? Anyone shorter then that not really a help, unless she can jump out of the gym.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 11:28 am

Steve, it’s not a JC transfer. and no, she doesn’t have to sit out if transferring from a DI school if she has a release and it isn’t the same conference.

• kimo April 2, 2012 at 1:03 pm

People… If Cindy knew who it was, she would have said so already. Stop trying to fish it out of her. SHE DOES NOT KNOW! All she know is it is an OH. The answer will be broadcasted real soon. Just be patient

• po'okela April 2, 2012 at 9:47 am

a libero will not be hawaii’s answer to another final four appearance or the possibility of winning a national championship. it may have helped us last year but this year we need production on the right

• haleiwacrossfitter April 2, 2012 at 10:07 am

I agree with pook…. With Spieler coming in, she is VERY good, even with her adjustment to the college game taking some time, she will be ready by post season. Not sure if another DS/Libero is the key here.

We need another OH…badly. FF is too much up in the air right now. Dorton would be great, but I don’t think its her unless she had a last minute change of heart.

I will welcome who ever it is with open arms, but that is just my personal hopes.

• warriorfan April 2, 2012 at 10:24 am

I’ve seen PSU play a lot thanks to the big ten network and Longo is a huge step up at libero. She will help immensely and she has a great serve as well. It all starts with great passing and defense, if you don’t have that who cares who is hitting on the outside.

I remember Longo helping PSU a lot in the 2010 title game so she has experience and with her passing will probably be an asset to the sand team as well. But this is all moot if she is not the transfer although it seems highly likely that she is.

Plus I don’t think Shoji is done yet people. and also why does everyone completely forget they are bringing in Tai Manu- Olevao as well??

• po'okela April 2, 2012 at 10:52 am

i agree the libero position will be a step up IF longo is the rumored transfer however, we ALSO need to fill in other voids that girls like long, goodman & olevao are unable to fill as of now which will become vital in august and most importantly december.

• Beauston April 2, 2012 at 11:05 am

Agreed, We need a terminator on the team, and who knows by the time August comes, Croson or Hartong will be it but if one get injured, I will be very concerned.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 11:27 am

Watch out people, Cindy is getting mad!!!!

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 11:33 am

Cindy, is that D1 transfer rule about being able to play right away, without sitting out 1 year, if they get their release and not in same conference, only for women’s volleyball. Cause for the other sports, a player has to sit out one year, as far as I can remember.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 11:39 am

Steve, if you remember as far back as Heather Bown (UCSB) released, played right away. Victoria Prince (WSU), Stephanie Brandt (UCSB). There are others but I don’t have time to list them all.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 11:44 am

Cindy, I remember about all the Wahine Volleyball girls that were able to transfer and play right away. What I meant, is that rule only for Women’s Volleyball. Does it also pertain to other sports, both Men and Women sports. Cause I do not recall that happening in other sports.

• warriorfan April 2, 2012 at 11:33 am

Now I am a little confused, that Volleytalk poster is usually spot on.

• uhfan April 2, 2012 at 11:39 am

I just hope it’s a OH that can pass and contribute right away

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 11:40 am

From all indications, able to contribute right away.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 11:47 am

Ok, Cindy, is she from the Midwest?

• haleiwacrossfitter April 2, 2012 at 11:50 am

she doesn’t know who she is…she would say if she knew…she doesn’t know except that it’s an OH and could contribute right away.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 12:05 pm

I do not know where this player is from, however she is transferring from a school West of the Rockies.

• roofer68 April 2, 2012 at 12:21 pm

Washington, Idaho, Oregon, Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and California.

• warriorfan April 2, 2012 at 12:26 pm

LOL there’s still a chance it could be Krista Vansant or karsta Lowe then lol

( i am totally joking) but wouldn’t it be something else if it turned out to be one of them??

• po'okela April 2, 2012 at 11:46 am

who knows what’s going on.

• haleiwacrossfitter April 2, 2012 at 11:47 am

haha, just gotta take a moment and laugh at all of this on the blog…..

Anyway a pretty good penn state source on VT mentioned that no one else than the announced transfers of Dorton and Longo are leaving PSU. Unless this poster is just playing games, which could very well be the case, and with Cindy saying it is an OH, not a libero, this particular speculation and scenario leads to Dorton having a change of heart.

If that is the case, she would be a great addition. She was a force for PSU in their 09 championship year. But she was a left side, not sure how that fits into our needs of a right side. FF can play right, not sure about Dorton.

All speculation and I don’t know anything more than anyone else. Just playing out the speculation in my head.

Can’t wait for the announcement!

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 11:52 am

haleiwacrossfitter – Remember, Jane Croson can play RS. She played that position for her club team, or was it the Junior National Team. Whichever team it was, she made MVP, in her last tournament, playing that position.

• roofer68 April 2, 2012 at 12:09 pm

If that new transfer OH only plays left, Shoji would put Hartong on the right not Jane. Blocking is Jane’s weakest skill and Hartong is proven on the right as a blocker and hitter.

• uhfan April 2, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Hartong looks more comfortable on left than the right side

• roofer68 April 2, 2012 at 12:25 pm

True, but I’m just saying that if Shoji had to put some on the right between Jane and Emily, he would put Hartong RS.

• roofer68 April 2, 2012 at 12:11 pm

And in Shoji’s system the LOH hits twice on the left and once on the right, and RS vice versa.

• Jesse April 2, 2012 at 11:48 am

Sorry Cindy, I apologize.
    Has anyone noticed po’opkela is always the one that starts the name calling?

• po'okela April 2, 2012 at 11:52 am

so far everything you’ve said has been wrong.

• Jesse April 2, 2012 at 12:14 pm

No it hasn’t Longo may still be coming to UH. She may not be that player being announced but i trust that vollytalk poster.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 12:36 pm

Remember, the player transferring will be on scholarship. It has been said, Shoji will not give out another scholarship to a libero, that person would have to walk on. So will not know if there are any new libero’s until start of fall practice.

• Jesse April 2, 2012 at 12:58 pm

If Dorothymantooth aka keystonekid from volleytalk says a psu player that is not an OH is transferring to UH then i believe it because he’s always right.

• haleiwacrossfitter April 2, 2012 at 11:49 am

wow..this blog posts are all over the place. I just posted and my post is in the middle of someone elses…gotta read all the posts to see if anything was missed

• roofer68 April 2, 2012 at 11:53 am

Dave Shoji, 37 years, winning 85.6%, 2011 31-2. Whoever is on the court I’m looking forward to another enjoyable season.

• Mr. High Expectations. April 2, 2012 at 12:05 pm

The reason you guys are having trouble with this is that you are all expecting this person to be some big time,high level player form some big time program but I’m betting that when you hear her name many of you will be on goggle because she isn’t that well know.Just my thought on the subject.

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 12:06 pm

LC, you’re too funny. Do like your new pen name.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 12:16 pm

Cindy, do you at least know what her height is? Hopefully, not another 6’0 OH.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 12:30 pm

If she is transferring from a D1 school, West of the Rockies, then she must be coming from a school belonging to the PAC-12, WAC, or WCC. Those are the only conferences West of the Rockies. She cannot be coming from a team in the Big West, cause she would have to sit out a year.

• GL April 2, 2012 at 12:41 pm

can’t wait for the announcement!!!!

• GL April 2, 2012 at 12:54 pm

who was Croson’s teammate from club who now plays for the Cal Bears. She played last year in place of Adrienne Gehan…. Could it be ….lemme see….Christina Higgins?

• Beauston April 2, 2012 at 3:53 pm

Maybe Milo or Ealker wants out of WAC? Lol just playing around
    Cindy do when know when this announcement is, you mentione its this week?

• Beauston April 2, 2012 at 3:54 pm

Maybe Milo or Walker wants out of WAC? Lol just playing around
    Cindy do when know when this announcement is, you mentione its this week?

• leftout April 2, 2012 at 5:25 pm

Only conference left is the Big Sky.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 5:27 pm

Cindy, why not make Beauston, Po’okela, or LC, in charge of your blog, until you get back.

• Mr High Expectations April 2, 2012 at 5:37 pm

When you pray who is listening ? I always thought I was talking to myself.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Heard from Beauston and LC, guess Po’okela is the elected one.

• RYK April 2, 2012 at 5:53 pm

I’l just say it Ashley Kastl, she went to the same HS as Reid Priddy. Who knows if those hints are accurate though.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 6:04 pm

Ok, who the heck is Ashley Kastl, never heard of her. Hope Shoji is not stooping so low as to take anybody.

• warriorfan April 2, 2012 at 6:17 pm

Just cause you never heard of her doesn’t mean she isn’t good, You don’t know much……

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 6:47 pm

warriorfan – at 6’0, another small RS hitter.

• warriorfan April 2, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Kastl doesn’t play right side actually, Nora Tuioti- Mariner started all games on the right for Arizona State.

• Mr High Expectations April 2, 2012 at 6:00 pm

Pac 12

• haleiwacrossfitter April 2, 2012 at 6:08 pm

I still think it’s Kastl…all the arrows point to her. Plus, it makes sense on the scholarship count issue, since she will be a one year scholarship player. They have an extra one for just this one year, but not for 2013. So, that is still my guess.

• haleiwacrossfitter April 2, 2012 at 6:11 pm

This blog is everywhere…I mean everywhere. Posts are everywhere…what the heck.

• Beauston April 2, 2012 at 6:14 pm

Well this whole thread showed up in VT lol now VT posters are here

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Please, not another 6’0 OH. There are already, 3 6’0 OH’s. Can’t Shoji get a 6’3+ OH without Mike Sealy’s help. Seems Shoji can only recruit 6’0 OH’s by himself.

• warriorfan April 2, 2012 at 6:18 pm

Maybe a swedish 6′ 3 + player will show up like you made up.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 6:24 pm

warriorfan – did not make it up. Both are OH’s, one is 6’3, the other 6’4, guess they decided to turn pro.

• warriorfan April 2, 2012 at 6:54 pm

You have no credibility, zip!

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 7:02 pm

You have far less credibility then I do.

• Steve April 2, 2012 at 6:34 pm

Me thinks the last few blog entries have gone to Cindy’s house.

• Vinny April 2, 2012 at 6:43 pm

LOL, I hope it’s Kenny Patton’s sister.

• anxiously awaiting April 2, 2012 at 7:00 pm

RE: LC’s 3 hints

i know some of you have already decoded these hints. but for those who haven’t, i feel your frustration b/c i was annoyed when i didn’t get his/her clues. but after googling, i discovered that LC is referring to ashley kastl from ASU (pac-12: the conference that some UH fans want the program to be in)

hint #1: “god is her rock” is on her twitter profile
    hint #2: 3.87298335 is the square root of 15 (her jersey number)
    hint #2: her and Reid Priddy have a connection: both players played for fred mann

god, i hope shoji will make the announcement soon so that all of this craziness and anticipation will stop. lol

• Beauston April 2, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Someone else said this on the article shared by LC
    “now that we know what happened, let her family grieve in peace”

• vballfreak808 April 2, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Gosh guys, I wake up at 6 this morning at only see 2 comments. Now 13 hours later there is 125 more. You guys are too anxious

• Poster 1 April 2, 2012 at 11:06 pm

way more comments when the whole FF debacle started.

• Cindy Luis April 3, 2012 at 8:44 am

Yes, VB Freak, imagine if you have to monitor all this as well.

• roofer68 April 2, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I agree with Haleiwa, 3 scholarships avail this season, Kastl – senior, Longo – soph, needing one this season and not mentioning her situation for the next two seasons, and holding one for FF.

• uhfan April 2, 2012 at 9:46 pm

So it’s pretty much a given its Ashley Kastl. Sure she was the best player on her team but ASU were horrible last year. Plus she’s only here for one year. Hope we still have another transfer.

• Poster 1 April 2, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Cindy, what info do you have of this transfer so far?

• Cindy Luis April 2, 2012 at 11:29 pm

all i know is. transfer. OH, likely RS. Pac-12

• Vinny April 3, 2012 at 8:04 am

Because I made my business,now run along I hear your mommy calling you.

• Beauston April 3, 2012 at 8:26 am

So all this speculation is out of control as Cindy pointed out, one transfer turned into 2 with Longo still in the picture. As for Kastl being on the ASU’s 2012?roster, so confusing. Cindy also said RS OH and warrior fan said Kastl did not play RS, if it’s her she will either be move to RS or Croson be move to RS as that’s what Croson played in club and Kastl on the left and Hartong back to MB as that position is occupied by very young and inexperience players, or everyone stays and Shoji counting on FF on the RS till?

• roofer68 April 3, 2012 at 8:37 am

UH sand site shows this Saturday at 9:00am vice 8:00am vs. HPU and Chaminade.

• RYK April 3, 2012 at 9:40 am

• Vinny April 3, 2012 at 9:45 am

“Told me I could figure it out” OMG I know who it is.

Think folks,from a PAC 12, school southern part of conference.Are we over thinking this whole thing.She’s already here.

• Cindy Luis April 3, 2012 at 9:47 am

No, it’s not Fonoimoana. this is a transfer who contacted him last week.
      He couldn’t make an announcement about Fonoimoana because she is not eligible to play. Won’t know that until May or later.

• Vinny April 3, 2012 at 9:58 am

Kastle sure isn’t acting or sounding like she’s going anywhere.

• Cindy Luis April 3, 2012 at 9:59 am

Never said it was Kastl

• Steve April 3, 2012 at 10:40 am

Cindy, put up a new thread. Please continue transfer talk to that thread, thank you. Easier to keep track of discussion there.