Walker invited to train with U.S. national team

May 18th, 2011

Said he’ll be going over in late July through August. Happy for him.

Comments
  • Miki May 18, 2011 at 7:19 am

Congratulations Walker. You can make it.

• warriorfan May 18, 2011 at 7:28 am

Congrats J Walk. I think he will surprise a lot of people.

• Maka May 18, 2011 at 7:33 am

You’ll do great Josh. You have the stamina and strength to fit in just fine. You’ll sure to surprise a lot of people who haven’t seen you play. Good luck & Imua……………..

• wampam May 18, 2011 at 9:18 am

Josh is an outstanding person. He has the work ethic and natural talents that should make the most of the opportunity offered him. Go get ‘em Josh!

• Haushinka May 18, 2011 at 5:39 pm

heard that nikki taylor committed to UH?

• warriorfan May 18, 2011 at 6:16 pm

Am I the only one not that excited about these two new wahine recruits? I hope they become great players, but I’m still hoping for that Big fish, jane croson type player to commit.

• po'okela May 19, 2011 at 7:09 am

of the two, i’m most excited about taylor.
        she really is a dominant force in the front row and has greatly improved since the beginning of her freshman year. i can only imagine how much more she’ll improve in the next 2 years with scott and kari closely guiding her.

• Hi_Life808 May 20, 2011 at 8:25 am

Though, instinctively, I’m also going with 5’10″ Higgins. She’s the one, by her Sr. year, who’ll be the most touted. I’m counting on her work ethic/private school ‘privileges’ to make a NATIONAL impression on ALL.

*Wonder now IF Alohi follows in her (1) uncle’s tradition to Westwood, upon graduation?
          *The Robins Ohana have been, over the years, so loyal to their beloved UH, however.

Whatevas, though…

• AdmrVT May 19, 2011 at 7:56 am

I think Nikki is a rising player. She’s on VT’s top 79 soph. list, and many of those on the list are under 5’11″. She is still growing and getting better.

By her senior year, she may develop into your “big fish” player.

• sasa May 19, 2011 at 9:09 pm

Looking forward to seeing these two new local recruits. Anyone see them play before? How good are they? How about a new thread for these two new recruits Cindy?

• Jayo May 20, 2011 at 4:09 pm

Guys, Jonas Umlauft needs help in the most popular vb player. He’s losing right now. The secret of multiple voting is vote, go out and then go back and vote again. That’s how this guy who is voting for the other guy. There’s one hour left. It’s on VT, men’s board, 3rd round.

• Jayo May 20, 2011 at 4:50 pm

Hi guys, it’s me again. Guess it’s too late now for Jonas to catch up. I tried my best…stayed voting for more than an hour. i guess now we can all focus on voting for Walker. As I said, the secret is to vote, log out, go back in and vote again, log out, back to the site and vote again.

Aloha!

And may I say “good luck to the Wahines this coming season.

Jayo

• rayson May 20, 2011 at 10:09 pm

Someone just posted a list of 10 incoming recruits for the men next season on volleytalk. Most of them have already been mentioned here before but there are several I haven’t heard before. He says there are several more he can’t remember. Looks like there’s going to be a large influx of players next season.

• warriorfan May 20, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I remember coach Wade saying most other MPSF teams were so deep( like UC irvine) and that he was looking to get like that. I think we can expect huge recruiting classes (number wise) from now on.